- Guidance as my husband considers career adjustments and looks for new employment.
- Wisdom for me in several different areas.
- Direction for our daughter as she graduates college in May and has many changes to look forward to.
For some readers,
- courage and hope are your key needs starting out 2014. You are facing challenges bigger than yourself.
- Perhaps health and strength are your key needs at the start of this year as you cope with the physical needs of lupus and other autoimmune diseases.
- Maybe friendship and family are areas of need. There may be a void in your life or healing that needs to take place. I could go on but I think you get the picture.
What is a person to do? After the celebrations end and life falls back into the daily routine, where will we find help for the key concerns in our life? For me, the starting place is always God. I simply cannot handle the big issues of life alone. The people close to me do not have the ability to soothe all the inner stirrings of anxiety, doubt or what have you, in my soul. My prayers usually start by explaining the situation to God, even though He already knows. They are usually short and to the point, but consistent, until the situation is resolved.
Even though the answer is not always what I want or expect, prayer helps calm me going through the situation. I do not feel so alone inside with all my feelings, fears, and apprehensions. People are great, but for me, nothing soothes my soul like leaning on Someone bigger than myself.
Whether or not you deal with the challenges in life the way I do, I sincerely pray that you have
- all the resources you need to meet your challenges in 2014, and that you will have a good resolution.
- I pray you will have wisdom and guidance when you need it.
- I pray you will be courageous and filled with hope as you meet every challenge.
- I pray you will find increased health and strength to live life more fully than last year.
- I pray your relationships will thrive this year and your family will have peace.
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:30-31 ESV